- You can log in to your Instagram account with your username, email address, and phone number associated with your account.
- If you lose or forget your password, you can request a password reset on the login page.
- If you want to log into Instagram using Facebook, you can connect both accounts using the Settings menu on the mobile app.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories.
If you have an Instagram account, you can log in from any device – your phone, tablet, or a browser on your computer. All you need is your login credentials, such as your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with the account, along with your password. If you have connected accounts, it is also possible to log in through Facebook. Here you need to log in on any device.
Table of Contents
How to log into Instagram on a mobile device
Logging into your Instagram account on a smartphone or tablet is the same regardless of whether you’re using the Instagram app on an iOS or Android device. In general, Instagram allows you to log in using your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with the account – so enter one of those three items. After that enter your password and tap on Login.
How to log into instagram on computer
It doesn’t matter if you’re logging into Instagram on Mac or PC – the process is the same. Open Instagram.com in a web browser and then enter your Instagram username or the phone number or email address associated with the account. After that enter your password and tap on Login.
How to log in to instagram using facebook
If you link your Instagram account to Facebook, you can not only easily share your Instagram posts to Facebook, but you can also use your Facebook credentials as an easy way to log into Instagram. can.
To link your Facebook and Instagram accounts, open the Instagram app on your mobile device, tap the three-bar menu, and tap Settings. In the Account section, go to Sharing to other apps and connect Instagram to your Facebook account.
After you connect these two accounts, you can log into Instagram using Facebook — on the login page, you can click Log in with Facebook.
What to do if you can’t log in to Instagram
If you have lost or forgotten the password, you may need to reset it. The process is essentially the same whether you have an iPhone, Android device, or you’re using a web browser on a computer:
- On the instagram login screen, under the Username and Password fields, click Get help logging in (if you’re using an Android phone) or Forgot password? (on iOS or browser)
- Enter your email address, phone number or username and tap Next (if you’re using Android) or Send the login link (in a web browser). If you’re on an iPhone, choose which tab you want to use — Username or Phone — and enter the credentials associated with your account, then tap Next.
You will receive a message with instructions to reset your password.
It is also possible that you do not remember the username or other information related to your account, or that you may be entering it incorrectly. Here are some things to try:
- Make sure you are spelling the username or email address correctly.
- Do not include the @ symbol when entering a username.
- Ask someone else who can view your profile page to take a screenshot or write a username for you.