Tummy tuck surgery is one of the best methods by which you can contour your body shape. There are 2 types of abdominoplasty. Both are usually done under general anesthesia and partial abdominoplasty and full abdominoplasty. Tummy Tuck Surgery is the best method by which you can get in proper shape and can contour your body.
Table of Contents
A partial abdominoplasty involves the following steps:
- Need to make a large cut (incision) across the lower tummy.
- The surgeons separate the skin from the abdominal wall below the belly button.
- Then work to remove excess fat and skin
- The last step involves pulling together the remaining skin and stitching it in place.
- A full abdominoplasty involves the following steps:
- Need to make a large incision across the lower tummy. It is to be made from hip to hip, just above the pubic area
- Then the surgeon makes a second incision to free the belly button from the tissue that surrounds it.
- Needs to separate the skin from the abdominal wall
- In the end, realigning the abdominal muscles will be done.
- The next is to remove excess fat and skin
- Then by cutting a new hole for the belly button.
- The hole has to be stitched back in place
- In the last step pull together the remaining skin and stitch it in place.
The operation can take between 2 and 5 hours depending on the fat that needs to be removed. Most people need to stay in the hospital for recovery or a healing process. Painkilling medicine can be provided if needed by the patient.
The recovery process for Tummy Tuck Surgery
The patient needs to take rest from work and take off from exercise. You will not be able to drive for a few weeks. Your surgeon will guide you through the whole process. For a Full recovery and to see the full effect of a tummy tuck you have to wait for a few days. It is recommended to wear a special type of corset or tummy-control pants for a few weeks. It helps to encourage your skin to heal properly. These types of garments will also reduce any swelling. Generally, you’ll need to take it easy and rest well during this time. It also suggested keeping your knees bent while in bed, to avoid putting strain on your stitches. There is a need to attend a follow-up appointment to make sure the wound is healing properly. Hence, you can connect with a surgeon to fix an appointment regarding Tummy Tuck Surgery. The surgeon will first examine you regarding your health history and suggest you the best method.
So, these methods are safe and secure. If you are facing a tummy tuck problem and exercise and diet do not work Tummy Tuck Surgery proves best for you.