I use ultrasound equipment to study human organs, as well as to detect pathologies and diseases. As with any equipment, it is important to follow the rules when working with equipment. One of these is disinfection. According to the requirement for the processing of ultrasound machine sensors in SanPiN 220.127.116.1130-10, parts of ultrasound equipment are disinfected after each study. And this must be approached carefully, since the sensor can be easily disabled, and repairing and buying a new one is an expensive undertaking.
Scanning tips must be completely disinfected. They cannot be decontaminated in an autoclave or when completely immersed in a liquid – they have a rather complicated design. It is unacceptable to influence the temperature sensor above 60 ° – under its influence, the part may fail.
|superficial||non-critical||does not come into contact with damaged skin|
|deep||semi-critical||plunged into the cavity in a condom|
|sterilization||critical||touched the internal organs|
For attachments that have been in contact with mucous membranes and internal organs:
- preliminary cleaning – it is permissible to use a brush for embossed surfaces, crevices;
- deep disinfection – the device is soaked in a disinfectant according to the manufacturer’s recommendations;
- rinsing – with clean water, then wiping dry with napkins. When using aldehydes as a disinfectant, rinse the part thoroughly in three reservoirs.
- Preliminary cleaning: waterproof sensor – under running water, non-waterproof sensor – with a damp soft cloth. It is carried out after each patient.
- Surface disinfection – with wet wipes and by spray irrigation. The option depends on the surface in contact with the device.
- The nozzle dries or wipes dry.
Recommendations for Processing Ultrasound Probes
- Health workers handling diagnostic instruments must wear a mask, gown, and goggles.
- When immersing the transducer in the cavity, a sterile coating should be applied, which is disposed of after the examination.
- The sterile coating must be used when monitoring infection carriers and replaced after each use.
- From time to time, culture media should be inoculated from the surface of the tip to control disinfection.
- If a biological fluid gets on the part, the element must be disinfected with high quality. Before placing the sensor in liquid, make sure that it is waterproof.
- When working with patients outside the risk group, you can not use a protective coating. You can simply wipe the part after diagnosing the patient, first with a dry cloth, then with a disinfectant, and then clean to dry.
- When examining patients at risk, immersing the scanning nozzle into the cavity after removing the insulator cleans it in the same way.
Processing ultrasound sensors – instructions
The following activities are carried out using gloves, with thorough ventilation of the room.
- Disconnect the part from the scanner before disinfection.
- Gently remove the gel from its body with a moistened soft cloth.
- Wash the nozzle with soapy water using a non-rigid sponge. Strong friction of the lens should not be allowed!
- Remove soapy residue and dry the part in the open air, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Prepare a disinfectant and carefully study the instructions for it.
- Immerse the processed and dried sensor in the product according to the instructions.
- Take the device out of the disinfectant solution.
- Rinse the reader under running water.
- Leave the element to air dry.
Means for processing ultrasound sensors
Noninvasive cardiovascular sonographer recommend the following disinfectants:
|Name||Release form||Active substance|
|SalvaniospH 7||solution||Didecylmethylpolyethoxyammonium propionate 8.75%, surfactants, etc.|
Russian analogues for disinfection of ultrasound sensors:
Deep cleansing products:
- Omnicide 28;
- Anioxide 1000;
Restrictions and prohibitions
To clean the nozzle to the ultrasonic scanner, it is necessary to use a disinfectant. The item must not be fully immersed, steam sterilized. Temperatures over 60 degrees are unacceptable for her.
Wipe only a limited area of the sensor with a disinfectant-impregnated cloth. Moreover, the volume of liquid should be moderate, not excessive, so that the acoustic mechanism is not disturbed.
Do not use disinfectants with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, ammonium chloride in order to avoid damage, and the disinfectant and acoustic gel should not contain:
- mineral oils;
- aloe vera.
It is forbidden:
- keep the nozzle in the disinfectant for longer than the period recommended in the instructions;
- immerse the connector and cable in the disinfectant;
- mechanically damage the wire, twist it.
Before each disinfection procedure of the diagnostic medical sonography, it is necessary to inspect the device for defects – these can be chips, cracks, creases. For longer operation, you need to store the device in a case designed for it. It is necessary to securely fix the part on the scanner, place the wires compactly. If the image is not of very high quality, do not press hard on the nozzle during diagnostics. It will not be the pressure of the sensor that will help, but the setting of the device. When conducting examinations inside the cavities, you need to use special condoms for the equipment. In the absence of consumables, ordinary condoms without lubricants are used.