Drawing For Kids even though he doesn’t often say what’s on his mind, Snoopy from Peanuts has a lot of personalities even though he’s just a little dog with a huge imagination. This step-by-step guide will make it easy for you to sketch Snoopy, Charlie Brown’s dog, whether you’re familiar with him from the comic strip in the newspaper or the animated Christmas special.
Table of Contents
- In the first step of the drawing process for Snoopy, an egg-shaped oval should be drawn on the upper half of the page. Charlie Brown’s dog is Snoopy.
- Below this oval, design a shape that resembles a vast water droplet using the following guidelines: These are the primary contours that will be used for Snoopy’s head and body.
- After that, draw two crossing lines across the circle, one vertical and one horizontal. The lines should meet at the center of the circle. To create the body shape, draw a horizontal line that has a small bend and touches the top of the body shape.
- These lines will be building lines, and they will assist you in positioning Snoopy’s features at a later stage.
- Now draw Snoopy’s ear on the left side of his head below the horizontal construction line. Step 4: Now draw Snoopy’s nose below the horizontal construction line. Draw it, so it looks like the letter U.
- In the fourth step, draw Snoopy’s arm so that it resembles the shape of a U but is slightly longer and is placed on the inside left of the body shape.
- Below Snoopy’s torso, draw a long, flat oval and connect it to his body with two vertical lines. Draw an oval that is identical to the first but is placed behind it on the right side. Draw one additional line vertically to join this oval to the figure’s body. These will be Snoopy’s feet and legs when he is finished.
- We’ve reached the end of the first sketch of Snoopy, Charlie Brown’s beloved dog from the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Shultz! Now that you have the general outline of Snoopy, you need to go in and tighten up your sketch.
- From now on, use more pressure on your pencil to create darker lines and a more defined sketch.
- Define the shape of Snoopy’s head by following the fundamental guide for his head but lowering the top right side so that it is closer to the middle of the head. Darken the ear of the character, taking care not to sketch the portion of his skull that overlaps the ear you are drawing.
- Drawing an oval on the left side of the vertical construction line directly below the horizontal construction line is the eighth step in the process. Fill it in with shading, save for a glaring symbol in the form of a little oval on the top. This will serve as Snoopy’s nose in the cartoon. To illustrate Snoopy’s mouth, draw a wide U-shaped curve near the bottom of his head that comes close to grazing the edge of his head.
- To the left of the construction line that is vertical and above the horizontal construction line, draw two circles with curves on top of them that look like the number 6, and then color those circles in. These are Snoopy’s eyes if you must know. Draw a thick curve on top of his head, directly over each of his eyes, to depict his eyebrows. To illustrate this, draw the right eyebrow on the outside of his head.
- Just below Snoopy’s neck, draw a thick line representing his collar. This completes the drawing.
- Please change the color of his body to be primarily dark, except for the lower part where his legs are.