QuickBooks is unquestionably cutting-edge accounting and marketing software. Despite providing a complete bookkeeping solution, it usually commits a number of errors. This article contains in-depth information about QuickBooks Error Code 1646. This issue can arise while installing QuickBooks Premier on a computer that already has QuickBooks Pro installed, or when installing QuickBooks Accountant on a computer that already has QuickBooks Premier installed from the same year. To resolve this error, be sure to read the entire article.
Major contributors to QuickBooks error 1646
There are numerous situations that could result in QuickBooks Error Code 1646. These are the principal causes:
- Error 1646 in QuickBooks might be caused by a damaged Microsoft.NET Framework installation.
- Using an outdated operating system can play a significant role in the problem.
- The temporary folder may be overwhelmed by temporary files.
- When accessing a Company File that is password-protected.
- Microsoft components might be flawed.
What are the different troubleshooting methods to overshadow QuickBooks error code 1646?
You can perform the below given approaches for fixing this QuickBooks error.
Approach 1: Clean Install QuickBooks
The clean installation of the QuickBooks program is the first cure that has shown to be quite successful for fixing QuickBooks error 1646. For instructions on how to remove and reinstall the QuickBooks program, see the guide given below. As an alternative, the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool can be used to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
(1): Take a note of your license and product keys
Take note of the license and product keys before moving further with the uninstall process. After starting the QuickBooks software, press the F2 key to get to the Product Information Window. Next, make a note of the keys. Be sure to include the product’s year and version as well.
(2): Remove QuickBooks
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu to launch it.
- Select Uninstall a Program from the list of Programs and Features.
- The QuickBooks desktop version that’s giving you trouble is your best option.
- After clicking Uninstall/Change, choose Remove.
- After that, click Next to begin the uninstall procedure.
(3): Rename folder containing QuickBooks
Now, to ensure a clean installation of QuickBooks, make sure to manually rename the folders. Put “.Old” at the end of the folder names in this situation. This will prevent QuickBooks from accessing the folder. QuickBooks will instead create a new folder.
(4): Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
You must now reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application. You should get the exe file for this from the official Intuit website. Use the licence and product keys you obtained in Step 1 to register and activate your QuickBooks software later.
Approach 2: Repair Microsoft .NET framework
You should choose to fix the Microsoft.NET framework if the clean install method doesn’t work out for you. It becomes necessary since the reliability of the QuickBooks Desktop software depends on the Microsoft components working properly.
- Use the Start menu to access the Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features page now, and from the list of installed programmes, select the Microsoft.NET framework.
- Select the Uninstall/Repair option and then click Repair.
- Await the completion of the repair process. Restart the computer and then QuickBooks Desktop after it is finished to see whether the QuickBooks error 1646 has been fixed.
Approach 3: Clear the temp files
The QuickBooks problem 1646 can also be resolved by deleting the temporary files. The steps are as follows:
- To open the Run command window, first press Win and R simultaneously.
- Type %temp% in the Run window after that, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Next, press the Delete key on the keyboard after selecting all of the files by pressing the Ctrl + A keys.
- Launch QuickBooks once more to see if the approach worked to resolve error 1646.
Approach 4: Update Windows
- Select the start menu, and then type “update” into the search bar.
- Go to the Search for updates option after opening the Windows Update window.
- Mark all of the necessary updates, then start the download.
- Restarting the computer when the download is finished will enable the updates to be installed automatically.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop once more to see if the 1646 error was resolved.
You may also read : Different ways to fix QuickBooks Error Code 15227
By the end of this post, you should be able to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 1646. Although the instructions entailed herein should have helped you, you can leverage our unwavering support by calling us at 1 800 761 1787.